Trigonometrical survey of the Maldive Islands
- Additional Digital Items:
- Moresby, Robert., creator
Powell, Frederick Thomas.
Agassiz, Alexander, 1835-1910
Molony, L. A.
Great Britain, Hydrographic Department.
J. & C. Walker (Firm)
- Place Of Origin:
- Hydrographic Office
- Creation Date:
- 1 map on 3 sheets ; 311 x 58 cm., each sheet 106 x 64 cm. or smaller.
- Digital Format:
- Nautical charts--Maldives
Maldives--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Depths shown by soundings.
On all sheets: "Magnetic variation in 1904, increasing about 2' annually."
Below lower margin: "Published according to Act of Parliament by John Walker Geographer to the Honble. East India Company Decr. 10th 1839. Corrections at the Admirality October 1866. Sold by J.D. Potter agent for the Admirality Charts, 145 Minories."
On sheets 1 and 2: "Large corrections Oct[ober] 1866, Feb. 1899."
"Small corrections" noted on all sheets at lower left margin.
Sheets numbered 2432, 2433, 2434.
Also available online.
- by Commander R. Moresby, assisted by Lieut. F.T. Powell, Indian Navy ; additions and corrections by Professor A. Agassiz, Mr. Stanley Gardiner and Mr. L. A. Molony, 1902 ; eng. by J. & C. Walker.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: