Report of the International Polar Expedition to Point Barrow, Alaska: in response to the resolution of the House of Representatives of December 11, 1884
- Ray, P. H. (Patrick Henry), 1842-1911
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- Creation Date:
- 695 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. (some col.), maps, plan, ports. ; 30 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- pt. 1. Orders and instructions -- pt. 2. Narrative / by Lieut. P.H. Ray -- pt. 3. Ethnographic sketch of the natives of Point Barrow / by Lieut. P.H. Ray: 1. Sketch. 2. Approximate census of Eskimos at the Cape Smythe village. 3. Vocabulary collected among the Eskimos of Point Barrow and Cape Smythe. 4. Catalogue of ethnological specimens collected by the Point Barrow expedition / prepared by John Murdoch -- pt. 4. Natural history / by John Murdoch: 1. Mammals. 2. Birds. 3. Fishes. 4. Insects / [by C.V. Riley]. 5. Marine invertebrates (exclusive of mollusks). 6. Report on the mullosks / by W.H. Dall. 7. Collecting localities and dredging stations. 8. Plants / by Prof. Asa Gray. Appendix -- pt. 5. Meteorology -- pt. 6. Terrestrial magnetism / [by C.A. Schott, U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey] -- pt. 7. Tides -- pt. 8. Miscellaneous observations.
- International Polar Expedition to Point Barrow, Alaska (1881-1883)
Scientific expeditions--Alaska--Barrow, Point
Natural history--Alaska--Barrow, Point
North Slope (Alaska)--Discovery and exploration
Alaska--Discovery and exploration
Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration--American
Barrow, Point (Alaska)
- Report of Lieut. P.H. Ray, commanding the expedition, to the chief of the U.S. Signal Office.
Bibliography: p. 171-176.
- Ex. doc. (United States. Congress. House) ; 48th Congress, 2nd session, no. 44
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- F914.N65 I57 1885
- Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: