Map of the visible heavens: on an equatorial or concave globular projection
- M'Cullough, Samuel D., 1803-1873, creator
Knight, John, approximately 1802-1872
Lewis, G. E.
- Place Of Origin:
- Samuel D. McCullough
- Creation Date:
- 1 map on 8 sheets : ill. ; each sheet 62 x 59 cm. or smaller + advertisement (1 leaf ; 32 cm.)
Charts, diagrams, etc
- Digital Format:
- Astronomy--Charts, diagrams, etc
Constellations--Charts, diagrams, etc
- Shows hemispheric views with signs of the zodiac plotted with ill.
Above dedication: Scale of Magnitudes by Saml. D. M'Cullough, A.M.
Dedication: Dedicated with much respect and affection to those young ladies who at various times have composed classes in astronomy under the care of their [dear?] friend and instructor the Author. 1840.
10 insets at corners of map.
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1840 by Saml. D. McCullough in the clerk's office of the district court of the district of Kentucky."
- engraved by J. Knight, Philada.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID: