The world, on Mercator's projection
- Additional Digital Items:
- Burr, David H., 1803-1875, creator
- Place Of Origin:
- Published by J. Haven, 86 State St.
- Creation Date:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 42 x 53 cm.
- Digital Format:
- World maps--Discovery and exploration
Overland journeys to the Pacific--Maps
- Relief shown by abbreviated form lines.
"Showing the different routes to California, and distance by each, routes of different navigators, route of the contemplated Pacific R. Road, distances to China, Europe, & c."
Prime meridian: Washington and Greenwich.
"Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1850, by John Haven in the clerks office of the District Court of the state of Massachusetts."
Includes historical notes, ship ill., tables of distances, "Nicaragua route" distances, and text on "Pacific Railroad."
Insets: Map of the Nicaragua route -- Map of the proposed rail road from St. Louis to the bay of St. Francisco.
Also available online.
- by David H. Burr.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: