The geography of the great solar eclipse of July 14 MDCCXLVIII: exhibiting an accurate map of all parts of the Eartth in which it will be visible with the North Pole according to the latest discoveries
- Smith, George, 1700-1773, creator
Cave, Edward, 1691-1754
Jefferys, Thomas, -1771
- Place Of Origin:
- Revised and published according to Act of Parliament ... by E. Cave.
- Creation Date:
- 1 map ; 30 x 44 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Solar eclipses--18th century--Maps
Northern Hemisphere--Early works to 1800--Maps
- Shows track of total eclipse, with lines of its beginning and ending at sunrise and sunset.
24 diagrams depicting amount of eclipse at certain locations form border.
Relief shown pictorially.
Part of Northern Hemisphere as affected by the eclipse.
- by G. Smith.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: