Mammalia. Birds: Mammalia: Birds
- Gray, George Robert, 1808-1872
Hooker, Joseph Dalton, 1817-1911
Gray, John Edward, 1800-1875
Sharpe, Richard Bowdler, 1847-1909
- Of the voyage / by Joseph Dalton Hooker -- Mammalia / by J.E. Gray -- Birds / by George Robert Gray -- Appendix / by R. Bowdler Sharpe.
- Place Of Origin:
- E.W. Janson
- Creation Date:
- xii, 53, 39 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Summary of the voyage / by Joseph Dalton Hooker -- Mammalia / by J.E. Gray -- Birds / by George Robert Gray -- Appendix / by R. Bowdler Sharpe.
- Illustrators include B.W. Hawkins and W. Wing; lithographers include Hawkins; Wing; Day & Haghe; Hullmandel & Walton; printers of plates include Mintern Bros.; and Reeve Bros.
The plates for "On the cetaceous animals" were re-issued by Gray with brief descriptive text in 1868 under title: Synopsis of the species of whales and dolphins in the collection of the British Museum.
- The zoology of the voyage of H.M.S. Erebus & Terror ; vol. 1
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: