Chart of the world on Mercators projection: exhibiting all the new discoveries to the present time, with the tracks of the most distinguished navigators since the year 1700 carefully collected from the best charts, maps, voyages, &c. extant and regulated from the accurate astronomical observations made in three voyages performed under the command of Captn. James Cook in the years 1768, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 & 80
- Additional Digital Items:
- Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, creator
McTavish, Simon, 1750-1804
- Place Of Origin:
- A. Arrowsmith
- Creation Date:
- April 1, 1790
- 1 map on 7 sheets : hand col. ; 74 x 61 cm. or smaller + 1 accompanying sheet.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Mackenzie, Alexander
World maps--Discovery and exploration--Early works to 1800
Discoveries in geography--18th century
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
Accompanying sheet shows scales.
Includes explanatory notes about explorer's on map.
2 panels printed on 1 sheet.
Also available online.
- compiled and published by A. Arrowsmith, geographer; by permission of Simon McTavish Esq[r] is correctly delineated the discoveries of M[r] M[c]Kenzie laid down from his original journal in the year 1789.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: