Narrative of the expedition of an American squadron to the China seas and Japan ; United States Japan expedition ; performed in the years 1852, 1853 and 1854, under the command of Commodore M.C. Perry, United States Navy, by order of the government of the United States
- Perry, Matthew Calbraith, 1794-1858, creator
Hawks, Francis L. (Francis Lister), 1798-1866
Jones, George, 1800-1870
Nicholson, A. O. P. (Alfred Osborn Pope), 1808-1876, printer.
United States, Navy Department.
United States, Congress, (33rd : 1853-1855)
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- A.O.P. Nicholson, printer
- 3 v. : ill., facsims., maps (17 folded), ports. ; 30 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- v. 1. Narrative of the expedition / compiled by Francis L. Hawks from the journals of Perry and his officers -- v. 2. [Natural history reports / D.S. Green and others] -- v. 3. Observations on the zodiacal light from April 2, 1853, to April 22, 1855 ... with conclusions from the data thus obtained / by George Jones.
- Perry, Matthew Calbraith
United States Naval Expedition to Japan (1852-1854)
Japan--Description and travel
United States--Foreign relations--Japan
Japan--Foreign relations--United States
- "Published by order of the Congress of the United States."
Preface to volume 2 dated 1857.
Expedition known as United States Japan Expedition.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2009. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Expeditions and discoveries). Copy digitized: Widener Library: Jpn 450.1.2 F.
Electronic reproduction.. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2014 (China, America and the Pacific : trade & cultural exchange)
- Ex. doc. (United States. Congress. House) 33rd Congress, 2nd session, no. 97
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- DS809 .P45 1856
- Arnold Arboretum Library (Cambridge), Botany Libraries, Harvard
Gray Herbarium Library, Botany Libraries, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: