The deportations delirium of nineteen-twenty ; a personal narrative of an historic official experience
- Post, Louis F. (Louis Freeland), 1849-1928, creator
Storey, Moorfield, 1845-1929
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- C.H. Kerr
- xiv, 338 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Prefatory note / by the author -- Introduction / by Moorfield Storey -- The sensational voyage of "the Soviet ark" -- Culpability of "the Soviet ark" deportees -- Deportation raids in anticipation of the voyage of "the Soviet ark" -- The bombs that begot the deportations delirium -- Preparations for the "Red" crusade -- Beginnings of the "Red" crusade -- The January raids -- a nation-wide glance -- The raiding in New England -- The raiding in New York and vicinity -- The raiding in Philadelphia and vicinity -- The raiding about Pittsburgh and Buffalo -- The raiding at Cleveland and southwest-ward to the coast -- The raiding in the region of Chicago -- The raiding at Detroit -- The Assistant Secretary of Labor takes charge -- Communist Party members -- Communist Labor Party members -- A clutter of "Red" records -- Decisions in the "Red" cases -- Principles of decision -- Routine methods -- Deportations directed -- Deportations denied -- Distinctive cases -- Impeachment proceedings initiated -- An angel from the business skies -- Opening of the impeachment fight -- Before the House Committee on Rules -- Attorney General Palmer on the defensive -- Collapse of the impeachment proceedings -- An after-play -- The Salsedo homicide -- Case of the Russian Ambassador -- Lawless meddling with the mail -- Indictment of the Department of Justice by twelve eminent American lawyers -- The Department of Justice at the bar of the Senate -- Summary and conclusions -- Appendix. Fundamental American principles: equality of human rights ; Revolutionary rights and their limitations ; Constitutional safeguards ; Popular government.
- Deportation--United States
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Woodbridge, Ct. : Primary Source Media, 1999. (Making of modern law) Available via World Wide Web.
Microfilm. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Imaging Services, 1982. 1 microfilm reel : negative ; 35 mm.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2006. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Emigration and immigration).
Microfiche. Woodbridge, Ct. : Primary Source Media, 1999. 5 microfiches. (20th-century legal treatises ; fiches 43,342-43,346).
- by Louis F. Post ; with an introduction by Moorfield Storey.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
20th-century legal treatises ; fiches 43,342-43,346
Making of modern law
- D570.8.A6 P6
- Master Microforms, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: