The immigrant's day in court
- Claghorn, Kate Holladay, 1863-1938, creator
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- Harper & Bros.
- 1st ed.
- xvi, 546 p. ; 19 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Money troubles -- Family troubles -- The foreign-born offender -- The approach to the court -- The court -- Developments in the minor courts -- The immigrant workingman before the court -- Special provisions of law relating to the alien -- The immigration law -- The deportations of 1919-20 -- Means of adjustment.
- Courts--United States
Emigration and immigration law--United States
United States--Emigration and immigration
- "The purpose of this study [is] to follow the immigrant from the port of entry, through some of the troubles that call for the intervention of the law, to see to what extent the law reaches his troubles, how far the administration of law secures for him the substantial justice aimed at in any legal system, what is done ... to adjust him to our laws and legal procedure, and what are his reactions in the way of satisfaction with the country and friendliness to it"--Introd., p. xv.
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. Woodbridge, Conn. : Primary Source Media, 1999. (Making of modern law) Available via World Wide Web.
Microfilm. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Imaging Services, 2005. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2006. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Emigration and immigration). Electronic reproduction from microfilm master negative produced by Harvard College Library Imaging Services.
Microfiche. Woodbridge, Conn. : Primary Source Media, 1999. 7 microfiches. (20th-century legal treatises ; fiches 43,268-43,274).
- by Kate Holladay Claghorn.
- Americanization studies
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
Open Collections Program at Harvard University. 00056
20th-century legal treatises ; fiches 43,268-43,274
Making of modern law
- JV6455 .C5
- Master Microforms, Harvard University
Kirkland House Library, Harvard University
Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: