From immigrant to inventor
- Pupin, Michael Idvorsky, 1854-1935, creator
- Michael Pupin tells of his life story coming from Serbia as an immigrant arriving in Castle Garden with five cents in his pocket. His objective for writing the book was to describe the rise of idealism in American science, and particularly in physical sciences.
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- C. Scribner's Sons
- Creation Date:
- 396 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- What I brought to America -- The hardships of a greenhorn -- The end of the apprenticeship as greenhorn -- From greenhorn to citizenship and college degree -- First journey to Idvor in eleven years -- Studies at the University of Cambridge -- End of studies at the University of Cambridge -- Studies at the University of Berlin -- End of studies at the University of Berlin -- The first period of my academic career at Columbia University -- The rise of idealism in American science -- The national research council.
- Pupin, Michael Idvorsky
- by Michael Pupin.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- T40.P8 A3
- Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: