The Dutch in America: a historical argument
- Additional Digital Items:
- Arnoux, William Henry, 1831-1907, creator
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- Priv. print.
- Creation Date:
- 54 p. ; 29 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Dutch--New York (State)
Immigrants--New York (State)
Property (Roman-Dutch law)
New York (State)--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
America--Discovery and exploration--Dutch
- "... presented to the Court of Appeals in the State of New York as an argument in an elevated railroad case then pending, in which the fundamental question involved was whether the Dutch Roman law prevailed in Manhattan Island before 1664 ... To aid the Court in the solution of this problem this argument was written"--Pref., p. .
Includes bibliographical references.
Microfiche. Woodbridge, Conn. : Research Publications, c1984. 1 microfiche : positive ; 11 x 15 cm. (19th-century legal treatises ; no. 2319)
- by William Henry Arnoux.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
19th-century legal treatises ; no. 2319
Making of modern law
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: