- Lichtenberger, James P. (James Pendleton), 1870-1953
Lichtenberger, James P. (James Pendleton), 1870-1953, editor.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- American Academy of Political and Social Science
- 288 p. ; 25 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- The rural problem. Conditions and needs of country life / John M. Gillette -- Rural sociology as a college discipline / Kenyon L. Butterfield -- Education for agriculture / F. B. Mumford -- Economic significance of changes in country population / T. N. Carver -- Rural industrial problems. Farm tenancy in the United States / Benjamin Horace Hibbard -- Agricultural laborers in the United States / John Lee Coulter -- Scientific farming / Eugene Davenport -- Good roads movement / Harold Parker -- Co-operative movements among farmers / E. K. Eyerly -- Immigrant rural communities / Alexander E. Cance -- The rural negro community / Booker T. Washington -- Southern agriculture, plantation system and the negro problem / Lewis Cecil Gray -- The United States Department of Agriculture / A. C. True -- Origin and growth of rural conferences / Clarence Sears Kates -- Rural social problems. Social life in the country / Warren H. Wilson -- The rural church / by George Frederick Wells -- Rural work of the Young Men's Christian Association / Albert E. Roberts and Henry Israel -- The country school / Harold W. Foght
Social significance of the agricultural press / J. Clyde Marquis -- Rural conveniences / H. V. Van Norman -- The rural home / Samuel G. Dixon -- Rural recreation, a socializing factor / Myron T. Scudder -- Civic art and country life / Richard B. Watrous -- Influences exerted by agricultural fairs / John Hamilton -- The Chautauqua movement / Paul M. Pearson -- The tramp problem / O. F. Lewis -- Rural police / Charles Richmond Henderson -- Village problems and characteristics / Edward T. Hartman.
- Sociology, Rural--United States
Agriculture--Economic aspects--United States
- "Book department [consisting of book reviews]": p. 245-281.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Mountain View, Calif. : Google Book Search Library Project, 2008.
Microfilm. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Imaging Services, 2005. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2006. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Emigration and immigration). Electronic reproduction from microfilm master negative produced by Harvard College Library Imaging Services.
- [collected and edited by J. P. Lichtenberger].
- Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science ; v. 40
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
Open Collections Program at Harvard University. 00127
- H1 .A4 vol.40
- Widener Library, Harvard University
Frances L. Loeb Library, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University
Master Microforms, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: