Farm lands available for settlement
- Henderson, B. (Bertha), creator
- "This bulletin is designed to point out and describe briefly the land in the United States available for settlement, and to tell the prospective settler something about the conditions he may expect to meet, the types of farming prevailing in the different districts, and the agencies to which he may apply for information. It is not the intention to undertake to guide or to direct the choice of a particular farm, but to supply the settler with initial information concerning the region in which he would like to establish a farm home."--Page ii.
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Creation Date:
- ii, 52 p. : maps ; 23 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Cut-over land -- Drainable lands -- Irrigable lands -- Dry farming and grazing lands -- Federal and State agencies offering information -- Homesteading -- Acquiring by purchase -- Conclusion.
- Farms--United States
Public lands--United States
- Caption title.
"Contribution from the Bureau of Agricultural Economics."
Includes bibliographical references.
- B. Henderson.
- Farmers' bulletin (United States. Department of Agriculture) ; no. 1271
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- HD205 .H4
- Widener Library, Harvard University
Frances L. Loeb Library, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: