Our foreign-born citizens: what they have done for America
- Additional Digital Items:
- Beard, Annie E. S., -1930, creator
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- viii, 288 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- The first naturalist of his time, Louis Agassiz -- A famous Greek-American, Michael Anagnos -- The man who introduced us to the birds of America, John James Audubon -- The inventor of the telephone, Alexander Graham Bell -- The man who made the first real newspaper, James Gordon Bennett -- Another great inventor, Emile Berliner -- In the foremost rank of sculptors, Karl Bitter -- The man who made the most of opportunities, Edward Bok -- The man who saved the Union Navy in 1862, John Ericsson -- A Scotch-American philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie -- A French-American who aided the United States, Stephen Girard -- The builder of the Panama Canal, George Washington Goethals -- The labor statesman of the world, Samuel Gompers -- A joyous musician, Percy Aldridge Grainger -- A plant explorer, Niels Ebbesen Hansen -- A great linguist and scholar, Michael Heilprin -- An empire builder, James Jerome Hill -- The inventor of the submarine, John Philip Holland -- The inventor of the fiction syndicate, Samuel Sidney McClure -- The man who revolutionized typesetting, Ottmar Mergenthaler -- A great ambassador, Henry Morgenthau -- The father of the Yosemite, John Muir -- A great journalist and philanthropist, Joseph Pulitzer -- A Serbian-American scientist, Michael Pupin -- From a Syrian village to Boston, Abraham Mitrie Rihbany -- A pioneer in good citizenship, Jacob Riis -- A great American sculptor, Augustus St. Gaudens -- A true patriot, Carl Schurz -- The friend of the immigrant, Edward A. Steiner -- A many-sided genius, Charles Proteus Steinmetz -- A famous merchant, Alexander Turney Stewart -- The savior of babies, Nathan Straus -- A great orchestral leader, Theodore Thomas -- An electrical wizard, Nikola Tesla -- A pioneer leader in woman suffrage, Anna Howard Shaw -- An Italian immigrant who influenced public school education, Angelo Patri -- An immigrant admirer of America, Mary Antin.
- Immigrants--United States--Biography
Immigrants--United States--Biography--Juvenile literature
United States--Biography--Juvenile literature
- by Annie E. S. Beard.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- E176 .B38
- Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: