Opinions of the judges of the Supreme Court of the United States, in the cases of "Smith vs. Turner", and "Norris vs. The city of Boston"
- United States, Supreme Court., creator
Smith, George, master of the ship "Henry Bliss",, plaintiff in error.
Turner, William W., defendant in error.
Norris, James, master of the ship "Union Jack",, plaintiff in error.
Turner, William, defendant in error.
Norris, James, plaintiff in error.
Boston (Mass.), defendant in error.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- Office of the printer to the Senate
- Constitutionality of acts of New York and Massachusetts imposing a tax upon passengers coming into the ports of those states. Cases of George Smith, plaintiff in error, vs. William Turner, health commissioner of the port of New York, in error to the Court for the trial of impeachments and correction of errors of the state of New York, and James Norris, plaintiff in error, vs. The city of Boston, in error to the Supreme judicial court of Massachusetts.
- 181 p. ; 26 cm.
- government publication
Trials, litigation, etc.
Trials, litigation, etc
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Smith, George--Trials, litigation, etc
Norris, James--Trials, litigation, etc
Taxation--New York (State)
Constitutional law--United States
New York (State)--Emigration and immigration
Massachusetts--Emigration and immigration
- "In Senate, March 20, 1849."
"Ordered, that 10,000 copies of the opinions of the judges of the Supreme Court in the cases of 'Norris vs. the city of Boston', and 'Smith vs. Turner', be printed for the use of the Senate; the same to be printed in pamphlet form in the same style and manner as the decisions of the Supreme Court are usually executed."
Electronic reproduction. Mountain View, Calif. : Google Book Search Library Project, 2007.
Microfilm. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Imaging Services, 2006. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
Open Collections Program at Harvard University. 00396
- KF220 .T751 v.18
- Widener Library, Harvard University
Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
Master Microforms, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: