Papers, 1915-1976 (inclusive), Detroit, Mich.--Ukr. Workers' Theater, 1929
- Kravt︠s︡iv, Bohdan, 1904-, creator
- The Krawciw papers are comprised primarily of editorial files kept by Krawciw in his work for the newspapers Ameryka and Svoboda, the journal Suchasnist’, and the Entsyklopediia ukraïnoznavstva. The majority of the files contain newspaper clippings, with some correspondence and photographs, regarding artists and literary figures. There is also a considerable amount of material on Ukrainian press and community organizations. Included in the collection are also notes for Krawciw’s work on a bio-bibliographical survey of modern Ukrainian literature.
- Place Of Origin:
- 81 linear ft.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Suchasnistʹ (Series)
Ameryka (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Svoboda (Jersey City, N.J.)
Ukrainian literature--20th century
- Collection is unprocessed.
Bohdan Krawciw Papers, 1915-1976 (inclusive). Ukrainian Research Institute Reference Library, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
Krawciw was born in Lopianka, Dolyna county. He was a poet, journalist, and literary critic. Prior to immigrating to the United States in 1949, he edited the Galician nationalist periodicals Visti, Holos natsiï, and Holos, as well as the literary journals Dazhboh and Obriï. He continued his editorial and journalistic work in the U.S., working for the newspapers Ameryka and Svoboda, the Plast journal Molode zhyttia, the journal Suchasnist’, and the Entsyklopediia ukraïnoznavstva (Encyclopedia of Ukraine). Besides publishing his poetry in periodicals and in individual collections, Kravtsiv also edited literary anthologies, published works of literary criticism, and compiled an extensive bibliography of Ukrainian émigré literature.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Ukrainian Research Institute Reference Library, Harvard University
- Record ID: