Tuḥfat al-ʻIrāqayn : manuscript, 1604: Tohfat-ul Iraqein: تحفة العراقين : مخطوطة، 1604: تحفة العراقين
- Khāqānī, Afz̤al al-Dīn Shirvānī, approximately 1126-1198 or 1199, creator
Hofer, Philip, 1898-1984, former owner.
خاقاني، افضل الدين شرواني،, approximately 1126-1198 or 1199
- Place Of Origin:
- Creation Date:
- 1 v. (128 leaves) ; 28 cm.
- Drawings-Iran-17th century.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Travelers' writings, Persian--Early works to 1800
Persian poetry--747-1500--Early works to 1800
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Written in a small professional nastaliq script in black ink in two columns, on both sides of slips 8 x 15 cm. laid into the pages. Text framed within multiple colored lines (red, green, gold, black and blue).
Page-borders are patterns of birds and animals in colors (pink, orange, blue, etc...) outlined in gold. First leave (f. 1v) illuminated.
There are numerous aniconic headpieces in colors and gold, and 3 miniatures, of the Isfahan school, on ff. 14v, 47r, 95v.
According to the ornamental colophon (f. 128r), copy completed on 10 Dhū al-Qaʻdah 1012 AH [April 9, 1604 AD] in the hand of Shāh Qāsim.
Bound in black morocco, gilt, with medallions in gold excavated on top and bottom boards.
In a tray case, 30 cm.
MS Typ 536. Houghton Library, Harvard University.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: