De proprietatibus rerum : manuscript, [13--] ; Phillipps MS 24270
- Bartholomaeus, Anglicus, active 13th century, creator
Fearing, Daniel B. (Daniel Butler), 1859-1918, former owner.
Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
Scott, John, 1830-1903, former owner.
Zirardini, Antonio, former owner.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- 320 leaves, bound : vellum, ill. ; 31 cm.
- Manuscripts, Medieval-France-1300-1350.
Vellum bindings (Bindings).
Early works to 1600
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries--Early works to 1600
- Written in France in a rounded gothic script and decorated with 1 miniature, illustrating the author praying before St. Michael (f. 1), and 1 historiated initial, representing the author lecturing before two seated monks (f. 9).
Unidentified coat of arms (f. 1): azure, fess gules with three roundels (or crescents) argent, in chief a human head cabossed.
In a vellum wrapper from an illuminated liturgical book (verso); title of work appears within a decorative wreath, drawn in pen and ink.
In a protective tray case, 33 cm.
- Cite As:
- MS Lat 216. Houghton Library, Harvard University.
- Digital Medieval Manuscripts at Houghton Library
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: