Office lectionary : manuscript, [not after 1174]
- Catholic Church, creator
Abbazia di Morimondo, former owner.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- 233 leaves, bound : vellum ; 39 cm.
- Library catalogues-Italy-12th century.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Proper lections for individual saints' days, beginning with St. Stephen (ff. 1r-4v) and ending with St. Thomas (163r-165r) -- lections for the feasts of apostles, martyrs, confessors, virgins (165r-227r) -- catalogue of the library of the abbey of Morimondo (227v).
- Abbazia di Morimondo--Library--Catalogs
- Written in a spiky gothic book-hand in black ink in 2 columns, with ornamental initials of various sizes in red or occasionally green. Each saint's day begins with a larger initial in red and blue.
Bound in 18th-cent. brown sheepskin.
In a tray case, 42 cm.
Also available in an electronic version.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2011. (Digital Medieval Manuscripts at Houghton Library). Copy digitized: Houghton Library: MS
- Cite As:
- MS Typ 223. Houghton Library, Harvard University.
- Digital Medieval Manuscripts at Houghton Library
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: