A map of Pensilvania, New-Jersey, New-York, and the three Delaware counties
- Additional Digital Items:
- Evans, Lewis, 1700?-1756, creator
- Place Of Origin:
- Creation Date:
- March 25 1749
- 1 map : hand col ; 65 x 49 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Middle Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Covers Lake Ontario to Virginia and from Connecticut to western Pennsylvania.
Shows provinces, counties, towns and cities, roads, rivers and creeks, portages, waterfalls, fords, ferries, mountain passes, forts, mills, mines, salt pits, trials, Indian villages and tribal territory, names of some residents.
Relief shown pictorially ; soundings shown in fathoms.
Prime meridian: Philadelphia and London.
Includes descriptive notes, distance chart, and explanation of symbols.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- L. Hebert, sculpt.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3790 1749 .E8
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: