Topographical map of the original District of Columbia and environs showing the fortifications around the city of Washington
- Additional Digital Items:
- Arnold, E. G., creator
Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth), 1827-1901
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- G. Woolworth Colton
- Creation Date:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 74 x 81 cm.
- Digital Format:
- School districts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
Fortification--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- Also shows school districts and householders' names in rural areas.
Relief shown by hachures.
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1862 by E.G. Arnold ..."
Includes text and population tables.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
- by E.G. Arnold C.E.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3851.S5 1862 .A7
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: