A topographical chart of the bay of Narraganset in the province of New England: with all the isles contained therein, among which Rhode Island and Connonicut have been particularly surveyed, shewing the true position & bearings of the banks, shoals, rocks &c. as likewise the soundings, to which have been added the several works & batteries raised by the Americans
- Additional Digital Items:
- Blaskowitz, Charles., creator
Faden, William, 1749-1836
- Place Of Origin:
- Engraved & printed for Wm. Faden
- Creation Date:
- 1 map ; 94 x 65 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Nautical charts--Rhode Island--Narragansett Bay--Early works to 1800
Narragansett Bay (R.I.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Rhode Island--Defenses--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings and form lines.
Inscribed "To the Right Honourable Hugh Earl Percy ... with His Lordship's permission ... by ... Wm. Faden."
Includes text, "References to the batteries," and "A list of the principal farms in Rhode Island."
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Facsim. [S.l. : s.n., 1900?] 1 map : photographic negative ; 8 x 10 cm.
- taken by order of the principal farmers on Rhode Island by Charles Blaskowitz.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3772.N3 1777 .B5
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: