Plan of the city of Washington in the territory of Columbia: ceded by the states of Virginia and Maryland to the United States of America, and by them established as the seat of their government, after the year MDCCC
- Additional Digital Items:
- Ellicott, Andrew, 1754-1820, creator
Thackara & Vallance
- Place Of Origin:
- Creation Date:
- 1 map ; 52 x 69 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps--To 1800
Washington (D.C.)--Maps--To 1800
- Shows block numbers and proposed government buildings.
Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
Also covers Georgetown.
Watermark: [crown over fleur-de-lis].
Includes text, notes, and coat-of-arms.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
- engrav'd by Thackara & Vallance Philad'a 1792 ; in order to execute this plan, Mr. Ellicott drew a true meridional line ... and left nothing to the uncertainty of the compass.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3850 1792 .E44
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: