Plan of the city intended for the permanent seat of the government of t[he] United States: projected agreeable to the direction of the President of the United States, in pursuance of an act of Congress passed the sixteenth day of July, MDCCXC, "establishing the permanent seat on the bank of the Potowmac" : [Washington D.C.]
- L'Enfant, Pierre Charles, 1754-1825, creator
U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey
United States, Commissioner of Public Buildings.
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- United States Coast and Geodetic Survey
- Creation Date:
- 1 map : col. ; 70 x 82 cm., on sheet 78 x 119 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Early maps--Facsimiles
Washington (D.C.)--Maps--To 1800
- At upper right: Office, Commissioner of Public Buildings, D.C.
Lacks printer's statement.
Facsim. of ms. L'Enfant plan.
Includes texts containing letters dated "Washington ... 1887," text printed below "N.I.," notes, descriptive index of "References," and U.S.C. & G.S. insigne.
At lower right: N.I.
In right upper margin: No. 3035a price 50 cents.
Also available online.
- by Peter Charles L'Enfant.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3850 1791 .L4 1887
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: