A plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and borough of Southwark ; with the contiguous buildings
- Rocque, John, -1762, creator
Pine, John, 1690-1756
Tinney, John, 1706?-1761
- Creation Date:
- October 1746
- Place Of Origin:
- Published ... by Iohn Pine ... and Iohn Tinney ...
- 1 map on 24 sheets ; 203 x 385 cm., sheets 77 x 57 cm. + 1 index map (49 x 68 cm.)
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- London (England)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Southwark (London, England)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Westminster (London, England)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Relief shown by hachures and land form drawings.
Includes drawings of ships on the Thames, lists of abbreviations and London aldermen's names, and a statement of dedication to the mayor and aldermen of London.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2007. Copy digitized includes the binding (40 x 57 cm., half buckram with marbled paper boards) in which the maps were previously bound, subsequent to publication and according to the instructions to bookbinders on the index map. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Contagion).
- from an actual survey, taken by John Rocque, land-surveyor, and engraved by John Pine, Bluemantle Pursuivant at Arms, and Chief Engraver of Seals, &c. to His Majesty.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- G5754.L7 1746 .R6
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: