A mapp of New England
- Seller, John, active 1658-1698, creator
Hills, John, active 17th century
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- And are to bee sold at his shop at the Hermitage in Wapping and by Iohn Hills in Exchange Alley in Cornhill
- 1 map : hand col. ; 43 x 54 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- New England--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Covers New England from the Penobscot River (Maine) region in the east to the Hudson River (New York) region in the west, incorporating all of the New England Seacoast and including Long Island and States (Staten) Island."
Relief shown by pictorially. Depths shown by soundings and shading.
Appears in author's Atlas maritimus, or, The sea-atlas, 1675.
Accompanied by broadside text entitled: A description of New-England (4 p. ; 46 cm.).
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2005. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Cartographic treasures. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. New England.
- by John Seller, hydrographer to the King.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: