Map of the boundary lines between the United States and the adjacent British provinces ; from the mouth of the river St. Croix to the intersections of the parallel of 45 degrees of north latitude with the river St. Lawrence near St. Regis, shewing the lines as respectively claimed by the United States and Great Britain under the Treaty of 1783, as awarded by the King of the Netherlands, and as settled in 1842 by the Treaty of Washington
- Lee, Thomas Jefferson, 1808-1891, creator
Fairfax, Wilson M. C.
Graham, J. D. (James Duncan), 1799-1865
Stone, William James, 1798-1865
United States, Congress., House, (27th, 3d session : 1843)
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- United States House of Representatives]
- 1 map : hand col. ; 56 x 72 cm.
- Digital Format:
Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps
- Shows in different colors: claimed boundaries of 1783, boundary awarded by the King of the Netherlands, and boundary under the Treaty of 1842.
Covers northern Maine and parts of lower Canada, New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire.
Signed in ms. by J.D. Graham.
Companion profile of boundary issued separately as: Profile with the spirit level of the due north line from the monument at the source of the river St. Croix to the river St. John.
From: United States. 27th Congress, 3rd session, House of Representatives executive document no. 31, 1843.
Inset: Rouse's Point and its vicinity on Lake Champlain. Scale 1:33,780.
In upper margin: Map G no. 3.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Geospatial Library, 2007 Georeferenced image for use in a GIS.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2005. Harvard Map Collection. United States.
- compiled by Lieut. T.J. Lee, topl. engineers and W.M.C. Fairfax, civil engr. ; under the direction of Major J.D. Graham, Corps of Topographical Engrs., one of the commissioners for surveying and exploring the north eastern boundary of the U.S. as directed by the Dept. of State ; W.J. Stone, sc.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: