Attack of the rebels upon Fort Penobscot in the province of New England in which their fleet was totally destroyed and their army dispersed the 14th Augst. 1779
- Jones, Matt Bushnell, 1871-1940, former owner.
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed for J. Harrison]
- Creation Date:
- 1 map ; 34 x 38 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Penobscot Expedition, 1779--Maps
Penobscot Bay Region (Me.)--Defenses--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Campaigns--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Naval operations--Maps--Early works to 1800
Maine--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Shows position of fleets in Penobscot River and Bay, lines of fire, and names of ships.
Relief shown by hachures.
In lower margin: For the continuation (after Tindal's) of Rapin's History of Engd., publish'd as ye Act directs Decr. 18th, 1785.
Includes text and notes.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
- by an officer present.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
Houghton Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: