A new map of the western parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and North Carolina: comprehending the River Ohio, and all the rivers, which fall into it; part of the River Mississippi, the whole of the Illinois River, Lake Erie; part of the lakes Huron, Michigan &c. and all the country bordering on these lakes and rivers
- Additional Digital Items:
- Hutchins, Thomas, 1730-1789, creator
- Place Of Origin:
- T. Hutchins
- Creation Date:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 91 x 109 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Mississippi River Valley--Maps--Early works to 1800
Ohio River Valley--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
"Published according to Act of Parliament, Novembr. 1st, 1778."
Supplements the author's A topographical description of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and North Carolina.
Prime meridian: Philadelphia and London.
Includes descriptive and historical notes.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
- by Thos. Hutchins ; engrav'd by T. Cheevers.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3707.O5 1778 .H8
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: