A plan of the surprise of Stoney Point by a detachment of the American army commanded by Brigr. Genl. Wayne, on the 15th July 1779 ; also of the works erected on Verplanks Point for the defence of Kings Ferry, by the British forces in July, 1779
- Hills, John, creator, surveyor.
Faden, William, 1749-1836
- Creation Date:
- 1st March 1784
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed for Wm. Faden, Geographer to the King
- 1 map ; hand col. ; 48 x 68 cm, on sheet 59 x 78 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Stony Point, Battle of, Stony Point, N.Y., 1779--Maps--Early works to 1800
New York (State)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- The defenses of the strong points at either end of King's Ferry on the Hudson are carefully drawn. The silent line of march of Anthony Wayne's assault force is shown.
Relief shown by shading.
"Note. The roof of Fort Fayettes Block House was taken off and a 6 Pr. placed on the floor, which had a great command over the other works."
"References to Stoney Point."
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2008. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Revolutionary War Maps.
- from the surveys of Wm. Simpson ... and D. Campbell ... by John Hills ... & asst. engr.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: