Sketch of the position of the British forces at Elizabeth Town point ; after their return from Connecticut Farm in the province of East Jersey under the command of His Excelly. Lieutt. Genl. Knyphausen, on the 8th June, 1780
- Hills, John, active 1777-1819, creator
Faden, William, 1749-1836
Knyphausen, Wilhelm, Baron von
- Creation Date:
- April 12th, 1784
- Place Of Origin:
- Published by Willm. Faden, Geographer to the King ...
- 1 map : hand col. ; 61 x 51 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Fortification--New Jersey--Elizabeth--Maps--Early works to 1800
Elizabeth (N.J.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Campaigns--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Shows part of Stanten Island and Newark Bay.
Relief shown by shading.
Oriented with north toward upper right.
Includes list of references to encampment positions of Brittish and American forces and their movements, naming units and commanders ; references to structures created for battalion fortifications and movement.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2008. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Revolutionary War Maps.
- by John Hills, Lieutt. 23d. regt. & asst. engr.255 Scale [ca. 1:12,000].
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: