Battle of Brandywine in which the rebels were defeated ; September the 11th. 1777, by the army under the command of General Sr. Willm. Howe
- Faden, William, 1749-1836, creator
Werner, S. W.
- Creation Date:
- April 13th 1778
- Place Of Origin:
- Wm. Faden
- 1 map ; hand col. 49 x 43 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Knyphausen, Wilhelm
Cornwallis, Charles Cornwallis
Brandywine, Battle of, Pa., 1777--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Relief shown by hachures.
Below margin: Published according to Act of Parliment by Wm. Faden Charing Cross April 13th 1778.
Includes "References to the column under the command of Lt. Genl. Earl Cornwallis" and "References to the column under the command of His Excellency Lieutt. Genl. Knyphausen."
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2007. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Revolutionary War Maps.
- note the operations of the column under the command of His Excellency Lieutenant General Knyphausen is engraved from a plan drawn on the spot by S. W. Werner, Leiutt. of Hessian Artillery ; engraved by Wm. Faden, Charing Cross, 1778.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3824.C387S3 1778 .F3
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: