The course of Delaware River from Philadelphia to Chester exhibiting the several works erected by the rebels to defend its passage ; with the attacks made upon them by His Majesty's land & sea forces
- Faden, William, 1749-1836, creator
- Creation Date:
- April 30th 1778
- Place Of Origin:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 45 x 69 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Delaware River Valley (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Covers Pennsylvania and New Jersey shores.
Shows names and disposition of ships, city grid of Philadelphia, notes on forts and battles.
Relief shown by hachures; depths by soundings.
Inset: A sketch of Fort Island.
Includes profile: A profile and plan of the sunk frames or chevaux de frise which formed the stackadoes in the river.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2007. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Revolutionary War Map.
- engraved by William Faden Charing Cross.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G3792.D44S3 1778 .F3
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: