Plan of the siege of Charlestown in South Carolina
- Faden, William, 1749-1836, creator
Cadell, T. (Thomas), 1742-1802
- Creation Date:
- March 1 ft. 1787
- Place Of Origin:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 26 x 30 cm on sheet 40 x 57 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Charleston (S.C.)--History--Siege, 1780--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Shows British troop positions (unlabeled), parallels and batteries, British and American troops in harbor, American defensive works, Fort Multrie and Fort Johson, also city of Charleston, roads, plantations in "Gibbes Landing" , Pleasant Point and Fenwick Point.
Relief shown by hachures.
Oriented with north to the upper left.
Appears in: History of the campaigns of 1780 and 1781 in the southern provinces of North America / Lieutenant-Colonel Tarleton. London: T. Cadell, 1787. p. 32.
Also appears in: Atlas of battles of the American Revolution : together with maps showing the routes of the British and American armies, plans of cities, surveys of harbors, &c., taken during that eventful period, by the officers of the Royal Army. London: W. Faden, 1793.
Available also as a digital image through the Harvard University Web site.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2007. Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Revolutionary War Maps.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: