This plan of the harbour, town, and forts of Porto Bello (taken by Edward Vernon, esqr. vice admiral of the Blue on the 22d of November 1739 with six men of war only)
- Durell, Philip, -1766, creator
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Sold by S. Harding on the Pavement in St. Martin's Lane
W.H. Toms, Engraver, in Union Court near Hatton Garden Holborn
- 1 map : hand col. ; 38 x 58 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Portobelo (Panama)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Portobelo Bay (Panama)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
"Published March 27th, 1740 ..."
Oriented with north toward the lower left.
Includes index and ill.
Also available online.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Map Collection, 2011. (Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Panama. Portobelo Bay). (Harvard Map Collection digital maps. Panama. Portobelo).
- drawn by Lieutent. Philip Durell, is most humbly inscribed to the Rt. Honble. Sir Charles Wager, first lord commisioner of the Admiralty ; P. Durell, delin. Nov. 1739 ; W.H. Toms, sculpt. 1740 ; I do assure the publick that this plan is exactly copied from the original (and only) drawing brought over by me, Ja. Rentone.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- G4872.P6 1740 .D8
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: