A new map of the West-Indies; or the Islands of America in the North Sea ; with the adjacent parts, explaining what belongs to England, Holland, Spain, France &c. Also the several tracts made by the gallions and flota
- Visscher, Nicolaes, 1618-1679, creator
Overton, Henry, 1675 or 1676-1751
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Hen. Overton
- 1 map : hand col. ; 54 x 44 cm.
Early works to 1800
- Digital Format:
- Coasts--South America--Maps--Early works to 1800
Mexico, Gulf of--Discovery and exploration--Maps--Early works to 1800
Mexico, Gulf of--Maps--Early works to 1800
Caribbean Area--Discovery and exploration--Maps--Early works to 1800
Caribbean Area--Maps--Early works to 1800
Central America--Maps--Early works to 1800
West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Relief shown pictorially, depths indicated by soundings.
"Is now done into English with many considerable improvements according to the newest and best Observations".
Includes 4 insets: A draught of y.e bay & citty of Havanna; The bay of Porto Bella. A draught of y.e citty of Cartagena its harbour & forts; la Vera Cruz.
Includes also an advertisement dated Jany. 1740 for 'Geography Epitomis'd.
Also available online.
- by N. Vischer of Amsterdam.
- Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: