Woman and the higher education ; Plan for improving female education ; Female education ; Collegiate education of girls ; New knock at the door ; Review of the higher education of women ; Teaching of history in academies and colleges ; Private school for girls
- Brackett, Anna C. (Anna Callender), 1836-1911
Bellamy, Blanche Wilder, 1852-1919
Morse, Alice C. (Alice Cordelia), 1862-1961, binding designer.
Brackett, Anna C. (Anna Callender), 1836-1911, editor.
Willard, Emma, 1787-1870
Embury, Emma C. (Emma Catherine), 1806-1863
Mitchell, Maria, 1818-1889
Runkle, Lucia Isabella Gilbert, 1844-
Palmer, Alice Freeman, 1855-1902
Salmon, Lucy Maynard, 1853-1927
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- Harper & Bros.
- x, 214 p. ; 16 cm.
Publishers' cloth bindings (Binding)
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- General introduction / Blanche Wilder Bellamy -- Preface / Anna C. Brackett -- A plan for improving female education / Emma Willard -- Female education / Emma C. Embury -- The collegiate education of girls / Maria Mitchell -- A new knock at an old door / Lucia Gilbert Runkle -- A review of the higher education of women / Alice Freeman Palmer -- The teaching of history in academies and colleges / Lucy M. Salmon -- The private school for girls / Anna C. Brackett.
Women--Education (Higher)--United States
Women--Education (Higher)--Great Britain
Women--Education (Higher)--New York (State)
Women--Education (Higher)--Aims and objectives--United States
History--Study and teaching (Higher)--United States
- Issued in a decorated brown cloth binding attributed to Alice C. Morse by Mindell Dubansky.
Includes bibliographical references.
Microfilm. New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, 1977. 1 reel. 35 mm. (History of women, Reel 511, no. 3888)
Electronic reproduction. Mountain View, Calif. : Google Book Search Library Project, 2007.
- edited by Anna C. Brackett.
- The distaff series
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- LC1756 .B8
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America,
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: